5-18-20 – Surgically Clean Air
In addition to the precautions we are taking and the safety steps we are implementing per our last update (see below), we want to let you know that we have added an extra progressive measure to clean the air in the office.
We are sterilizing the air with Surgically Clean Air’s JADE purifiers. These purifiers use multi-stage air purifying technologies that work together to clean, purify and re-energize the indoor air. The six (6) stage filtration system captures dust particles, pollen, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), gases, mold, allergens, viruses, odors (like formaldehyde and smoke), bio-aerosols, and many other pollutants that are found in the inside air in workplaces.
Here is a video describing the technologies:
Here is a video of how the JADE air purifier is helping dental offices:
Our priority is to keep you and our staff safe. We look forward to seeing you again at the office.
Dr. Gary Umeda and staff
Dr. Gary Umeda Reopening
We hope this finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to you and your health in providing the highest quality dentistry.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. In addition to our existing protocols, we have added extra measures to ensure you, my team, and our community remain healthy and safe.
- If you have had a fever in the last 14 days, suspect you have been exposed to Covid-19, or are awaiting test results, your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
- Every morning before the work day, the temperature of our team members will be taken and recorded. It is our priority to protect you.
- Please stay in your car when you arrive for your appointment, and we will call you to notify you that your room has been fully sanitized and we are ready for you. First, we will go over some screening questions, take your temperature, and take a pulse oximeter reading. Please refrain from wearing any nail polish to your appointment, as it may alter this reading.
- Please wear your own face mask to your appointment. You will be asked to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands upon entering and leaving the office. Please refrain from touching anything.
- You will be given a pre-procedural mouth rinse to reduce bacteria and viruses.
- Frequently touched surfaces at our office will be cleaned and sanitized more often. You will notice that chairs, books, and magazines have been removed, since they are difficult to clean.
- We are limiting the number of people in the office so only one family member or caregiver may accompany you to your appointment. We are asking anyone accompanying you to wait in the car until we call them once your treatment is done.
If you had an appointment that was cancelled during this time, we will be contacting you. You may also call us to reschedule. Thank you for your patience as we go through this process, and thank you for being our patient. I value your trust and loyalty, and I look forward to seeing you again.
Dr. Gary Umeda
Hello to each of you,
Our aim is to make a positive impact towards the health of our community. With this in mind, we are closing our practice for non-essential care for the next 14-days and week to week afterwards till we get through this. Our intention is to allow this disease process a chance to level out, reduce the strain on our medical providers and allow life to return to normal sooner than later.
Non-essential care can be defined as hygiene visits (with the exception of those needing medical clearance for mandatory surgeries), fillings and crowns, and extractions when no infection is present. We WILL be available throughout this time to address emergency care: broken tooth, swelling of the face, extreme temperature sensitivity and signs of infection. If you are not sure if your concerns are a “true emergency” we welcome your call. When in doubt, let’s talk it out.
Shirley will continue to answer your questions via text, email and phone call throughout this process – so know that assistance is available. In the meantime, please update your calendars. We will be reassessing the situation periodically and will be sure to reach out with updates and to get you rescheduled.
Be safe, be considerate, stay calm, flexible and focused.
Dr. Gary Umeda and Staff
Dentist Honolulu, GARY T. UMEDA, DDS, MAGD, FICOI, FADI
Providing solutions for complex dental problems in a pain free and supportive environment.
Honolulu, HI 96814